Croda’s Product Stewardship is an integral part of its SHE Management System and focuses on identifying and reducing the safety, health, and environmental impacts of our products. Our Product Stewardship program is comprised of a number of activities including:
- Hazard evaluation of new Croda products for toxicological properties and physical/chemical properties
- Authoring of product safety information such as Material Safety Data Sheets and product labels to ensure safety information is communicated throughout the supply chain
- Ensuring new customers understand the safe handling, storage and use of Croda products
- Completing risk characterizations for Croda products
- Evaluation of risk management actions for specific Croda products
The risk characterization procedure is comprised of a hazard evaluation and an exposure evaluation. The hazard evaluation consists of collection and review of toxicological and physical/chemical testing for the product. The exposure evaluation consists of the gathering of detailed information on how the product is used and handled by Croda’s customers and employees. The risk characterization procedure is in place to help ensure that Croda products are used in appropriate applications. Summaries of Croda’s risk characterization process and results are available upon request.
More information on Croda’s SHE Management System and Responsible Care certification can be found here.
MSDS requests for Croda Inc. products can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org